Friday, October 8, 2010

About My One Documented Follower (and her husband)

I have one documented follower on this blog and sadly that one documented follower (my sister) told my mother just a few days ago that she didn't remember I had a blog (or that's how the story goes anyway). I realize that I don't update this blog very often but the plan is to start updating it more. If you enjoy my blog or even if you don't but are one of the millions of people super bored surfing the net at work, please become my follower! This will make me feel better because lets face it, I love documented attention.

Whether she reads this or not, this blog entry is about my one documented follower. She is, as mentioned, my sister and just last month she married Tim. Tim and Bethany are a great couple and on their wedding day, I had the opportunity to give a little speech. This is what I said....

'Bethany, you are one of the most determined and intelligent persons I know. You may not know this but I have admired you for as long as I can remember. Even though our teenage years.

You taught me how to walk and inspired me to dance and today as adults we still have been known to dance and sing to our favorite Broadway musicals together.

You showed me that hard work pays off and took me on your journey to Mizzou and Chicago and without looking back I followed because there was no where I would have rather been then with my big sister.

And now, today with Tim, you are showing me what true love looks like. I see it in your smiles, communication and affection with and for each other. I know you well. You are happy and content and even though you live so far from me, I do not worry because I know Tim will keep you safe, make you laugh and travel the world with you. All of the things you need.

Tim, in 2006 Bethany kept talking about this Tim guy, "Tim this, Tim that". Finally, you came to Chicago and we met face to face. You were so calm and kind in how you treated my sister and I and from that point forward I was hoping that you were in fact "the one" for her.

Tim and Bethany, may your adventures be far and wide. May your love for each other always be generous and kind. Tim, welcome to our family....enjoy!'

The happy couple on September 18th, 2010

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh Sarah. Thank you for capturing your speech. It's just wonderful.
I'm not a card-carrying documented follower of your blog.